Winter break (Sean is not invited)

Talk about shows.
Eric
Band Member

Unread post by Eric »

Word on the new song. I'm writing something that expands the end idea in that random jam i recorded over fall break. I will try to get a guitar part or two recorded this week and post it. I might need some ideas on the structure, I haven't played it all the way through yet, but I think it gets abrubt from verse-interlude-chorus-etc.
grant
Cobra Commander
Google Talk: gtgarvey

Unread post by grant »

I solved that problem, he didn't know the super secret web address of the latest recordings
Dan
Band Member

Unread post by Dan »

Eric - excellent....did you ever get to play a solo show over fall break? Grant - I dont even know the super secret web address, haha.
grant
Cobra Commander

Unread post by grant »

its the one with the super awesome password and user name stuff.grantgarvey.com
Eric
Band Member

Unread post by Eric »

No show, I didn't even have time. Spent all week filling out application stuff. I still have to write a 5 page essay for Indiana.
Eric
Band Member

Unread post by Eric »

[QUOTE BY= Dan]Also, to Kevin: We might need to rerecord BP because the vocals are too deep and dont come through very well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've tried messing with the EQ and general volume and panning to see if it can get any better and it's really hard. Plus, I have another guitar track I want to insert anyway so I'm down for re-recording it.
grant
Cobra Commander

Unread post by grant »

It sounds fine, up until I turn on my subwoofer at all.

let's just rerecord everthing and see who wins, bob or us
Eric
Band Member

Unread post by Eric »

Agreed.
Eric
Band Member

Unread post by Eric »

Alright, I recorded the basic rhythm idea for the new song ("Cliche") and put it here.

It's just the basic sketch for now. Drums should enter at the "verse" idea. Bass and guitars would be playing with the "intro" part (preferrably 1 guitar doing some more melodic leads, possibly even a solo and at the end, and bass just chillin with the rhythm guitar). I spose Kevin could do "dramatic cymbal shit" during the "intro." I forgot what else I was going to say...
Dan
Band Member

Unread post by Dan »

Unfortunately I dont have any equipment to record my ideas. I might have to just use my sweet laptop mic.
grant
Cobra Commander

Unread post by grant »

I'll get to work on that at once!!!
Dan
Band Member

Unread post by Dan »

Possibilities for shows: 1) Dec. 26 w/Rebels Victorious, Scotopic Shift, Stasis maybe

2) New Years at Kevins House

3) Cattle Club Collective show sometime if they ever reply

Type 1, 2, or 3, or 1 and 3 or 2 and 3 or 1 and 2 or all of the above. 1&3 combo would probably work the best. 1 would require rental of facility, probably Jefferson Center at $50.
Dan
Band Member

Unread post by Dan »

Oh, I forgot, Eric did you still want to do a solo opening thing? And I got a reply from the CCC, but no firm date yet. Also: reply damnit.
D

Unread post by D »

All 3-

One thing you guys are neglecting though. We also need to be able to get people to come to the shows. That's what we seemed to forget over the summer, we got shows, but the people who were there were all a bunch of punks, metal heads, and petal heads (the cumulative of punks and metal heads). So some of us can focus on setting up places to play (Danny and Kevin seem to be working on that). Myself, Eric and Grant should look into getting people. But to do that we need a solid date on when and where we are playing.
grant
Cobra Commander

Unread post by grant »

do as many shows as possible
Eric
Band Member

Unread post by Eric »

Alright, I just got back last night.

I am in agreement with Grant here. I guess that was the point I was trying to make last week when we were talking Dan - not everyone will come to every show and people will be on vacation at different times. Therefore, it is in our best intrest to do all 3. We might have 3-4 people who will be at all 3 shows, but that's about it. Most people will only want to be a 1 or 2 at most as there are more important things in life than supporting a high school garage band. I'm not putting us down; I'd love for people to be excited and anticipatory of our shows, but well... what can you do?

I also agree with David on working to get people. I'm lazy, but I don't want to play to an empty room (most of the time). In addition, I think we should try to branch out in our invitations a little bit. Yes, I hate people, especially the type that have reluctantly been at our shows in the past (you know, the "pedal heads"), but if we constrict our audience to the same pack of kids, we're going to lose the few fans we have simply because people get burned out of one thing after a while. I'm not saying we've been doing anything wrong in the past, but maybe it's time to get new people to come. I also understand not everyone asked will come. Not everyone who obliges will show up (and we shall cut off fingers for such a lie), but whatev.

And yes, I would like to do an acoustic opener for something. If we do the New Year's Eve party, that would seem easiest to cram me in there and play 5-6 songs.
grant
Cobra Commander

Unread post by grant »

Where were you?
$KrazyK$
Band Member

Unread post by $KrazyK$ »

Well see how it goes down...1,2,3
Dan
Band Member

Unread post by Dan »

Ah, yeah Im always down for playing to whomever, not just kids we know. It is too bad we never much of a following like Rebels Victorious or such, but that doesnt matter too much, its just fun to play even if only a couple people actually like us. Also, I tried returning your guitar but no one was home even though approx 15 lights were on. And yes, where were you? Id be fine with doing all 3 shows, and I think we should work on doing at least one new song and a new cover or two. Also, Bob fucked us again, he took today off, the day he told me to come and collect the revised CD he was going to make. What a piece of shit.
Eric
Band Member

Unread post by Eric »

We have those timers built into the light switches so my parents can set them to go on and off when we are on vacation. I was in Indiana since Wednesday with no internet.
$KrazyK$
Band Member

Quit making excuses eric! Always ne-saying, everything i create. You try and create something like inward singing!
Dan
Band Member

Unread post by Dan »

Ok, basically I need the go ahead from everyone to reserve the Jefferson Community Center for Dec. 26 ($50)....4 other bands have showed interest in doing a show with us on this date. Also, Dec.31 show at CCC, I have said yes to it, any objections?
Eric
Band Member

Unread post by Eric »

DDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOO EEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTT
grant
Cobra Commander

Unread post by grant »

Do it dan!!!! I double dare you, and we'll show those who said we'd never play jefferson SD again!!!!!!!!!!!
$KrazyK$
Band Member

YEAH!!!I'm all about South Dakota! And maybe this time ccc wont be as hot as you guys said it was. Cause its cold outside. So thats two shows in the bank.
WAD

Unread post by WAD »

This is off subject but very funny

here
grant
Cobra Commander

Unread post by grant »

Seems like more of a Awesome link of the day vs. shows wade
$KrazyK$
Band Member

WAD!!!!!!!!!!The link didnt work for me! now what am i to do?
WAD

Unread post by WAD »

Kevin, I just checked it still works. Do you have quicktime ?
grant
Cobra Commander

Unread post by grant »

worked for me