Eric
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Eric »

HUZZAH!!!
D

Recording

Unread post by D »

Honestly-seriously- why the fuck do you people hate me? and I would also like to note- go fuck yourselves.
D

Recording

Unread post by D »

Honestly- why the fuck do you people hate me? and I would also like to note- I did those at 5 in the morning on Danny's computer in his room while they were down stairs playing video games, forgive me if I'm a fucking retard cause I didn't have time to double check my work. You guys are not only genius's you're hilarious- go fuck yourselves.
D

Recording

Unread post by D »

And I can't edit postings I made after I post them, once again I must be a fucking idiot.
D

Recording

Unread post by D »

You know what we could do. Oh! I KNOW!!! I can not do anything for the band at all, God knows that you guys already don't think I'm doing anything, let's run with that. I mean you can take my lyrics off, and then the vocal tracks off the recordings (you guys probably wanna do that anyways) , and then throw away my comics (just as has already occurred), and you know what else? GO FUCK YOURSELVES!!!!
Dan
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Dan »

Hah.
grant
Cobra Commander
Google Talk: gtgarvey

Recording

Unread post by grant »

Huzzah! hurrah for spell-check!!
D

Recording

Unread post by D »

This would be the reason I don't read or write anything on this forum, because of this goddamn passive aggressive condescension. As if I don't get enough of the whole "David you are retarded" whenever I say anything. It doesn't end there, does it Grant? I suppose it's some sort of resentment conscious or sub-conscious for me being a bad room-mate, but hell if you don't love to belittle me as much as possible. As much fun as it is to be consistently addressed as a moron, it's getting a bit old.
grant
Cobra Commander

Recording

Unread post by grant »

No its about taking pride in your work, you're the one that didn't want jams on the CD because then it wouldn't be quality, so why would you want to put out a CD with a bunch of spelling errors on the insert, especially when technology eliminates those errors for you?
WAD

Recording

Unread post by WAD »

Actually, from what I am told the server that was allowing the site (that of vinylband.net) to run and show your comics to the masses went down. So, what allowed for your popular comics in first place then led to “their” demise.

Oh I am funny one
D

Recording

Unread post by D »

No, that is not what I am talking about. Yes I do not want spelling errors and etc. But what I am addressing is the constant implications that I am an idiot. You didn't say that we should fix the spelling errors in the lyrics I typed out in 2 hours, as well as tried to make them all fit accordingly into the allotted space. What you said was "Also The lyrics David wrote out are so full of misspellings its hilarious." therebye implying that you find what you perceive to be my incompentence as amusing to you. Resultantly belittling me, embarrassing me, and irritating me to no end. This is of course an example of the way to guys tend to talk to me as well. And the next thing is to be told I'm too sensitive. When a lot of the time I don't feel as if I'm being overly sensitive, it would seem that I have been singled out for ridicule, for what I can only assume is because you all feel that I am of inferior intelligence. It is not the individual comments that I have ever taken offense to, it is the consistency of the comments, althought the comments are well delivered and witty, that seems only to be an example of how well you have kept in practice. That's another point is the subtlety and humor itself, it's seemingly a guise to mask the insult with a very clever comment. No one hardly thinks consciously "Boy, David's such a fucking idiot" but rather chuckle at the comment and get the sense that I'm a fucking idiot. So it was funny, but now it isn't to me anymore, so now I will absolutely stop writing on this forum anymore. Thank you.
WAD

Recording

Unread post by WAD »

No, that is not what I am talking about. Yes, I do not want spelling errors and etc. But what I am addressing is the constant connotations that I am an idiot. One did not say that we should fix the spelling errors in the lyrics I typed out in 2 hours, as well as tried to make them all fit accordingly into the allotted space. What one said was "Also, The lyrics David wrote out are so full of misspellings its hilarious." thereby implying that one may find what one perceives to be my incompetence as amusing too many. Resultantly belittling one, embarrassing one, and irritating one to no end. This is of course is an example of the way you guys tend to talk to me as well. The next thing is to be told I'm too sensitive. When a majority of the time I (David) don't feel as if I (David) am being overly sensitive, it would seem that I (David) have been singled out for ridicule, for what I (David) can only assume is because many people all feel that I am of inferior intelligence. It is not the individual comments that I (David) have ever taken offense to; it is the consistency of the remarks, although the remarks are well delivered and witty, that seems only to be an example of how well one may have kept it in practice. Another point is the subtlety humor itself; it's seemingly a disguise to mask the insult with a very clever remark. No one thinks consciously "Boy, David's such a fucking idiot" but rather chuckle at the comment and get the sense that I'm a fucking idiot (I am not sure what he is going for here). So it was funny, but now it is not to me anymore, so now I (David) will absolutely stop writing on this forum forevermore. Thank you.

grant
Cobra Commander

Recording

Unread post by grant »

I got two months of hosting free from that crash. Huzzah!
Dan
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Dan »

Wade......I have absolutely no idea what that post was supposed to mean.
WAD

Recording

Unread post by WAD »

I was bored so I went in and played with Davids post.
Eric
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Eric »

Grant, this audition .iso file is corrupt. I'll have to wait until I can directly link to your puter or something.
grant
Cobra Commander

Recording

Unread post by grant »

must have been when i uploaded it, I'll reupload it next time I'm at the engineering building
Eric
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Eric »

This is what the error message reads, I'm wondering if it's WinRAR that's effing up:

"F:Audition 2.0AUDT_2.0_UE_RET.iso

The archive is either in unknown format or damaged."

*edit* wouldn't let me put in forward slashes where they are in the path name.
grant
Cobra Commander

Recording

Unread post by grant »

I really don't feel like downloading that thing and my host doesn't appear to have win-rar or whatever the linux equivalent is installed, or I'm just not allowed to run it (less likely) so I can't test the archive on the server, just look on isohunt.com for an adobe audition torrent
Eric
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Eric »

3 songs in the bank so far for this spring/summer. Probably gonna try to pump out one or two more. We'll see.

Oh, and we should think of new covers maybe? I dunno, if Dan and I have a bunch of new stuff, maybe we don't need to worry about it, but maybe we want to have 1 or 2 new covers in case we can't get the original material down. The only reason I suggest something like that is because we can all start learning parts to covers now (as we can listen to the songs in full arrangement on our own). Just an idea, everyone get back to me on what you think about that.
Dan
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Dan »

Well, I have 2 songs about 75% finished each, but without lyrics. I have ideas for another song as well, so combined thats 6 new songs, plus possibly more. Keep a couple from the old set, and we have a decent set. We could throw in a cover as well, such as Is an Elegy.
Eric
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Eric »

For this summer, in addition to the usual practicing (which I hope we can kind of ramp up the frequency as opposed to last summer; we did a lot in short times which was ok for cramming before shows, but I would like to have a more regular schedule, hopefully like 2 or 3 times a week to prep new material and the other thing I want to address). This thing is more RECORDING. I know we want to make the extended edition of our CD, which is what shall be done, but I also want to record the covers we have done and stuff. Like so we have a catalogue we can go through in the future when picking out shit to play. Going on impulse seems to be what we usually did, and it served us well, but I dunno, I just want to record more shit for some reason.
Dan
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Dan »

Recording shit sounds good to me. So does regular practice. Hopefully we can get some decent shows this summer, I wanna play outside of Sioux City.
grant
Cobra Commander

Recording

Unread post by grant »

Sioux City is dead to us.
Eric
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Eric »

For the most part.
$KrazyK$
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by $KrazyK$ »

Do some of you guys have the copies of the CD? Cause some people over here would like some...MORE SALES!!! YES!!!
Eric
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Eric »

We can make as many copies as you need.
grant
Cobra Commander

Recording

Unread post by grant »

6 ready to go, we can make some more over spring break. Take orders!

We'll do some new fashioned on demand publishing