I just got pulled over on my bike by a SC cop

Talk about whatever you want.
WAD

I just got pulled over on my bike by a SC cop

Unread post by WAD »

For running a stop sign and I guess I was speeding also, I did not know they could do that but I just did.
Skizla

Re: I just got pulled over on my bike by a SC cop

Unread post by Skizla »

Did you tell him to settle down because you're riding a fucking bike?

Also did you ask him to settle down because you're riding a fucking bike?
WAD

Unread post by WAD »

He was actually in a pretty bad mood, and kinda pissy. He was like I pulled you over for running that stop sign back there and you were going 35 mph (I was actually kinda surprised I thought I might have been doing 25-30 but not 35). He then asked if I ran that stop sign a lot and that I should not do it because there is not even a light there either. He complained some more. Then told me that this was a warning. I did not know he could write me a ticket in the first place.
Dan
Band Member

Unread post by Dan »

Its my personal opinion that cops should pull over more bicyclists who disobey traffic laws.....for the simple fact that if I have to be stuck behind someone going 5 mph in a 30 mph, I should expect them to have to stop at stop signs. Not all bicyclists are so bad, but there are some snails out there.
grant
Cobra Commander
Google Talk: gtgarvey

Unread post by grant »

It takes so much energy to get a bike up to speed it's actually better to run traffic controls when safe and conserve the momentum you have. That helps keep traffic flowing. Although most bicyclists have their headphones on and don't pay attention to what's going on so they get run over by the Girls Gone Wild party bus.
Skizla

Unread post by Skizla »

Yeah, you're right Grant. We don't have too many people riding bikes out here so I didn't think about that right away. Living in Iowa City is a different story entirely.
Eric
Band Member

Unread post by Eric »

On my Minneapolis weekend, my U of M friends were telling me their cyclists are really horrible around campus, but they get what's coming to them. A couple weeks ago, some dumb bitch cut in front of a bus just outside of campus grounds. She was dealt swift and vengeful justice by the bus, resulting in two shattered femurs and her hopes and dreams of winning the Tour de France ruined. By the by, she did survive... eeesh.