Where is the new comic?

Discuss comics.
grant
Cobra Commander
Google Talk: gtgarvey

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by grant »

Its probably not a memory related problem, are you multitasking when it freezes?

also you never had a featured "comic" section I just linked to that gallery like this Comics.

And what about me? I put alot of work into this website and all you ever do is bitch about that. So if you can't handle it you shouldn't do it yourself. Are you the victim or the attacker? Also "picture of the moment" is driven by the exact same php script as the previous version of the website (not the first version that was javascript) so I don't know how they are "half the origional size" they are the same size as before.

btw eric you can change how many posts are displayed per page, i don't know if thats what you were talking about? the default was like 5 when i started the forum, i changed mine to 40 just click on "Forum Features" under the User Functions block
D

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by D »

Yeah, I have bitched about the web-site, and I acknowledge and respect all the work you have put into it, you know I do. But honestly I am afraid I do not like the new web-site, because as I have explained all the shit I use to do for this web-site is considerably insignificant anymore. And for that reason, I don't really make anything new for it. I'm sorry, I have basically lost all interest in the web-site. Call it arrogant and selfish if you want. But I would like some sort of sense of accomplishment for my work. You get a sense of accomplishment. It's your web-site, and it's very nice. But frankly I don't anymore. So I guess I'll make a new comic whenever I get around to it. And you guy's can not bitch me into submission that I will make a comic on command for you. I have my own life that circumstance's quite often prevent me from completing or creating a new comic. I make no more apologie's. I'll make a comic when I can! Till then, all you people can enjoy all the other little feature's of this web-site-for example: reading my bitching you out on the forum.
Krow

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by Krow »

Haha, I complimented the comic several times. Also...the comics are the sole reason I come to this website, as well as others I know. You stopping comics completely would kill the traffic.
grant
Cobra Commander

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by grant »

well the first web site was a total piece of shit (M$ Frontpage) and the second was better but used frames, which i'm not a fan of. I think i spent 2 hours on making that second one, and I only made it because frontpage fucked up the code so much it was unusable.

This website actually uses the same gallery and forum software as the last one, and I integrated the pure volume player, which was another ppage on the last site. Basically the last site was just 3 pages, the top frame, the page with the pictures on it, and my stupid about page. I personally feel that geeklog makes for a much better website, because instead of 4 different sites held together by a top frame this site is a single site with many features, I don't know how everyone else feels, besides david, but I like it much better. I'm still going to come up with a different theme for it, (this one is stock) and i still don't understand how the stuff you do for this website is insignificant??? Other than now it takes 2 clicks to get to the comics versus 1?? because thats the only difference i can see between access to your contributions. If it bothers you that much I can add a link to the comics, I think the only reason i didn't was because there weren't any new ones out.

Now who the fuck is this? Webmaster who can't spell!
Eric
Band Member

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by Eric »

[QUOTE BY= Grant]

btw eric you can change how many posts are displayed per page, i don't know if thats what you were talking about? the default was like 5 when i started the forum, i changed mine to 40 just click on "Forum Features" under the User Functions block[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was all over that a while ago, I only set it to 10 or 15. Either way, I was just saying I didn't want to look at previous posts.
Eric
Band Member

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by Eric »

[QUOTE BY= D] [QUOTE BY= Eric] Agreed, no freezing. Especially since that's almost imposible. Kit would have to be running a 486 or something.[/QUOTE]

So did I just Imagine the computer stopped working? And lost all of my work? Was it all in my head? No, Really! You big computer genius's tell me. Am I halucinating? Is that it? I can't tell we all know how stupid I am.[/QUOTE]

That was not bitching... I was concurring that the RAM excuse is not possible. I said (or implied) nothing about the new comic comming. And as for you "halucinating" - no, I believe that the compy froze, but like I said, it was not the RAM that did it. As far as I know, RAM cannot actually cause your compy to freeze in any way (unless you ripped it out while it was multi-tasking). And even then, the computer would probably just blow-up or shut down.
grant
Cobra Commander

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by grant »

anyway we were discussing this and agree it would be much easier to draw the comic by hand and scan it into a computer, scott adams is the only cartoonist i know that does all the drawing on a computer. I don't know of anyone here who doesn't enjoy and appreciate the comics though. Keep up the good work. This entire discussion is basically discussion about how to best draw comics on a computer, we all just want to see a new one.
Jayson
Sum bitch mutha fucka

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by Jayson »

fucking 10 year-olds fight over comics
Ben Stewart

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by Ben Stewart »

people our age fight over graphic novels
D

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by D »

This isn't a fight, I'm just bitching out these bitches. And I'll do it again, if you mother fuckers don't show some patience. As for drawing a comic on paper and scanning it. I don't have a scanner that would be appropriate to get the comic done. If I can draw something like that and you guys wanna scan the shit for me. Alright. I'll work on it when I get to Sioux City.
Dan
Band Member

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by Dan »

I believe Grant, Eric, and I all have scanners, so that should be no problem.
grant
Cobra Commander

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by grant »

yep
Jayson
Sum bitch mutha fucka

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by Jayson »

That's it mother fuckers, I'm going to bring a gun to the BBQ.
grant
Cobra Commander

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by grant »

Compund Garvey has a nuclear weapons program, I would advise against that JaysoN
Eric
Band Member

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by Eric »

And bioprojects to boot. You'll probably be captured and used in experiments for your insolence.
Jayson
Sum bitch mutha fucka

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by Jayson »

Eat your hearts out, you freakin' nerds.
Ben Stewart

Where is the new comic?

those are fantastic. any ideas for stories? because if you don't have any, we should use the forum to think of some.
Eric
Band Member

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by Eric »

I can identify David, Grant, Jayson, Ben, and Dan. And I have no idea who the rest are.
Ben Stewart

Where is the new comic?

Eric, Scott, G, Me, Jayson, Dan, D and Wade.
Eric
Band Member

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by Eric »

Ah yes. I see it now.
grant
Cobra Commander

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by grant »

I was all excited to guess who was who then Ben had to spoil the surprise.

Thanks
Dan
Band Member

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by Dan »

Yes, we should use the forum to come up with stories. Ben's idea for the first comic: Dead racoon throw and car chase.
Eric
Band Member

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by Eric »

Agreed.
D

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by D »

If any one is interested- I finally got a new computer and will be making a comic as soon as I figure out how to use it. Goddamn Macs. Better for multimedia my ass.
WAD

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by WAD »

WEll, WEll, WEll, something to look forward to that david is doing. I am looking to be impressed after such a long vacation of these stories.
grant
Cobra Commander

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by grant »

[QUOTE BY= D] If any one is interested- I finally got a new computer and will be making a comic as soon as I figure out how to use it. Goddamn Macs. Better for multimedia my ass.[/QUOTE]
Krow

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by Krow »

Many a person has told me they would come back much more often if the comics came back. One of those people was me, although the photo shoot kept me mildly amused.
Eric
Band Member

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by Eric »

This site blows. No one come back, ever.
WAD

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by WAD »

Krow, your F ing opinion does not count, and when has it ever ?????????????? David does not work for you nor will he ever (I don’t think he will anyway). The fact that you sit around and take your own polls to the come to the conclusion, that no one ever visits this site, because there have not been any comics is rather disturbing (do you have a life). Krow, why don’t you go out and do something like piss on a tree, in a drunken manner, to get a rise out of people instead of posting your actions and thoughts on this site (www.vinylband.net). I was just slightly bothered and a little confused by your post, and I think that, Eric, said it best. “No one ever come back”. Though, Krow, I think that you should make, a slight donation, to total of 9 dollars a month to the site (screw the people in the south). You, (Krow), are a freshman in college and have cash to blow out your ass, and you presumably want to make your presents felt to all the ladies (girls like free beverages) on your respective campus (I believe UNI if I am not mistaken). Now I am sorry if females are not your thing, but hey you never know. Though getting back to my point, that of "What makes you think that you (Krow) has a hand with an a opposable thumb to approve and disprove your points or anyone else. More or less my position on this matter is “I don’t like reading what you have to say.”

Though if you (KROW) are at college, I am assuming so, here are some ideas that are fun that you can do and generate thoughts while not bothering ME.

10) Collect potatoes. Paint faces on them and give them names. Name one

after your roommate. Separate your roommate's potato from the others.

Wait a few days, and then bake your roommate's potato and eat it.

Explain to your roommate, ''He just didn't belong.'' (Maybe this website should do this to you)

9) Move everything to one side of the room. Ask your roommate if he

knows how much an elephant weighs, and look at the floor on the empty

side of the room with concern.

8) Draw a tiny black line on your nose. Make it bigger every day. Look

at it and say, ''The hair, it's growing. Growing!''

7) Buy some knives. Sharpen them every night. While you're doing so,

look at your roommate and mutter, ''Soon, soon....''

6) Collect hundreds of pens and pile them on one side of the room. Keep

one pencil on the other side of the room. Laugh at the pencil.

5) Tell your roommate, ''I've got an important message for you.'' Then

pretend to faint. When you recover, say you can't remember what the

message was. Later on, say, ''Oh, yeah, I remember!'' Pretend to faint

again. Keep this up for several weeks.

4) While your roommate is out, glue your shoes to the ceiling. When

your

roommate walks in, sit on the floor, hold your head, and moan.

3) Make a sandwich. Don't eat it, leave it on the floor. Ignore the

sandwich. Wait until your roommate gets rid of it, and then say, ''Hey,

where the heck is my sandwich!?'' Complain loudly that you are hungry.

2) Every time your roommate walks in yell, ''Hooray! You're back!'' as

loud as you can and dance around the room for five minutes. Afterwards,

keep looking at your watch and saying, ''Shouldn't you be going

somewhere?''

1) Talk back to your Rice Krispies. All of a sudden, act offended,

throw

the bowl on the floor and kick it. Refuse to clean it up, explaining,

''No, I want to watch them suffer.'''
grant
Cobra Commander

Where is the new comic?

Unread post by grant »

wade, nice.

might i remind you all this is just an excuse for me to play around, i could care less if anyone reads it, but thanks for coming all the same, new site in the works stay tuned.......

at least vinyl has the class not to do all our hosting on something as foolish as myspace (thats the laughing out loud smiley because thats what i'm doing right now)