Edge Fest

Talk about shows.
Dan
Band Member

Edge Fest

Unread post by Dan »

Should we maybe send one in even if we cant do it?

Charles the sound guy: I got this email from the guy that is organizing it. Bob and I did sound there last year, and will be doing it again this year. They had a LOT of people there, and it was a good time.

KBVU, 97.5 The EDGE Needs

5 GREAT ALTERNATIVE BANDS

FOR EDGEfest, May 13th

BRING YOUR BAND TO EDGEfest, an outdoor arts and music festival staged by KBVU 97.5-FM The Edge. This year’s EDGEfest will be Saturday, May 13th in Storm Lake, IA. We are soliciting demo CDs from such genres as punk, emo, hardcore, metal, pop punk, scremo, skaa, grunge and alternative rock.

Bands performing at EDGEfest will receive $250, the opportunity to sell merchandise at the festival, and two-months of promotion on 97.5-FM The Edge. Promotion on The Edge includes on-air interviews and significant music play over our 3500-watt Alternative Rock station located in Storm Lake.

BUT WE NEED YOUR DEMO NOW! Deadline for demos is Friday, March 10th. Send your demos to me at the address below. (If you have questions, send me an email at [email protected] or call the KBVU studios during my Top-50 Alternative Hits show Sundays between noon and 4 p.m. The studio number is 712.749.1234.)

Demos will be reviewed the week of March 12th by a knowledgeable, objective panel of alternative music lovers. Contracts will be mailed to 5 bands no later than Friday, March 17th.

Headlining EDGEfest is Straight Outta Junior High from Lincoln, NE. SOJH won rights to headline EDGEfest by winning EDGEdOUT, a battle of the bands staged by KBVU last November. Eight bands from Iowa and Nebraska competed for the EDGEdOUT title. SOJH came out the winner, receiving $500 and the right to headline EDGEfest.

At EDGEfest, bands will begin performing at 5 p. m. Each band will perform for 45 minutes (with 20 minutes of setup time).

All proceeds of EDGEfest will go to benefit local charities. Last spring, EDGEfest attracted nearly 1000 paying customers and raised $4000 for charities. Six bands performed on stage and numerous artists displayed their skills during the afternoon arts festival.

MAIL YOUR DEMO TO:

KBVU 97.5 The Edge,

EDGEfest Demo CD

Rob Lembke, Music Director

610 W. 4th Street,

Buena Vista University,

Storm Lake, IA 50588.
grant
Cobra Commander
Google Talk: gtgarvey

Edge Fest

Unread post by grant »

Unfortunately I will be in Philadelphia at my sister's Graduation.
Eric
Band Member

Edge Fest

Unread post by Eric »

So no dice then. Fuck.
grant
Cobra Commander
Google Talk: gtgarvey

Edge Fest

Unread post by grant »

I think thats the day we get done with school anyway, so not much time for practice. I have to be in Omaha (for a flight to Philadelphia) at 10:30 that morning so its definitely a no go for me.