Recording

Discuss the greatest band ever.
Eric
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Eric »

In fact, I should probably get off my ass and get back to working on new stuff. I put it off cause I kinda wanted to hear it as I wrote it but I don't have the instruments. But now that Kevin is back, he and I should maybe do like 1 hour every day of working on new stuff and coming up with ideas for current and future works until the rest of TEAM VINYL can assemble and do regular practices again.
Dan
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Dan »

Word.
Dan
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Dan »

Grant, I almost forgot:

Song 1: Bm F#m (repeat several times)........Ebm A Ebm A D A (2x)......return to part 1...Ebm A Ebm A D A D...$$$...Bm D Bm D Bm D G A D (2x)....repeat from beginning ending at the $$$.

Song 2: (Some sort of Intro)...possible bass part (the very beginning part of the song)....A C E A C E A C E A C E B D E B D E B D E A C E A (2x).......C G C G C G Dm G C G C G C G....then I dont know what chord the next part is but Ill put the notes.....Guitar1: A C E...Eb D C# C Bb Ab A, Guitar2: A F E->A.....Repeat (song isnt quite finished)

Song 3: A C#m F#m E.......B C#m Ab A E.......Repeat.......Ending part: A F#m C#m E

Song 4: Likely to be discarded. It is the same as song 3 plus one idea and minus several.
Eric
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Eric »

I got bored last night and had just tabbed out most of them and now you post this. Damn you.
Dan
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Dan »

Haha, well thats probably better anyway.
grant
Cobra Commander
Google Talk: gtgarvey

Recording

Unread post by grant »

Some morningside professor is looking to record a group, It would be free to us. Interested?
WAD

Recording

Unread post by WAD »

I think they are doing some audio production may term
Eric
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Eric »

In.
Dan
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Dan »

Im interested.
grant
Cobra Commander

Recording

Unread post by grant »

I emailed the guy, I'll let you know. I said you guys could get started while I'm listening to Jodie Foster. ;)

Then I can come in and lay down some crunchy bass grooves.
grant
Cobra Commander

Recording

Unread post by grant »

[quote:2aajt275]
We have sessions available at 6:30 and 8:30 May 22, May 23 and May 24. Let me know what works for you.
[/quote:2aajt275]

What time? I can probably make any of those, I think I get back Monday though, so maybe we should practice Monday night record Tuesday and/or Wednesday.

;)
Dan
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Dan »

Sounds good to me....have you thought of any bass parts for the new songs or do you plan to?
grant
Cobra Commander

Recording

Unread post by grant »

Yeah I've worked a few things out, nothing amazing............. yet ;)
grant
Cobra Commander

Recording

Unread post by grant »

[quote:3iuog4tb] [b:3iuog4tb]Song 3[/b:3iuog4tb]
The one part:

G-|---------------------------------------------------
D-|--------------------6-5--4-4---------------------
A-|-------7-5---4-4--------------5-6----7-7--------
E-|-5-5------------------------------------------7-6--

The other part:

G-|-------------------------------
D-|----------------------------1-
A-|-2-4---------2--------4-----
E-|-------4--4------5-5--------
[/quote:3iuog4tb]
I'm currently calling it the beta release.
Any comments?
Dan
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Dan »

I have to just guess the timing because there are no note values, but it seems good. Also, David and I were thinking of maybe a "Heat of the Moment" cover?
grant
Cobra Commander

Recording

Unread post by grant »

You'll hear it in a week anyway so it doesn't matter. Heat of the moment by Asia? Does that even have any guitars? I can only think of the vocal solo part. At any rate we could try it but I don't see it working. Maybe we should implement our everyone gets one cover thing, no more than 5?
Dan
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Dan »

Yeah, its mostly guitars, there is keyboard in there too. David wanted to do a slow, dramatic verson, similar to Cartman's rendition on South Park.
Dan
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Dan »

Btw, we are recording with the Morningside guy at 8:30 on May 24.
Eric
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Eric »

SHITTY SHITTY SHITTY SHITTY@!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope Grant's session of White Sugar isn't corrupted like mine, but something happened ot the mix. I didn't save this last time so it has been like this for a while. However, I listened to the CD and it doesn't sound like the mistake is on there. Nevertheless, I'm going to need the version from Grant to make the stupid change I wanted to do.

GOD DAMNIT!!!

I also have reason to suspect I have some spyware on my computer because I'm getting pop-ups... from IE, and I never use IE... fucking damnit.
Dan
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Dan »

Yeah, I have some funky shit going on with my computer, I get the same popups constantly, but according to my anti spyware program I have none. I think a formatting might be in order soon.
Eric
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Eric »

I just pirated Spyware Doctor and it cleaned my computer hardcore style. I was using SpywareBlaster and it wasn't picking up anything. Doctor kicks the shit out of it. It was like curing colon cancer for my computer. Now stuff actually works. Still want Grant's copy of the WhiteSugar.ses though. All I'm changing is adding the "Outside of Headphones" effect to your guitar on the second verse cause I think it makes it awesome times 12857349587304539723152. I'll make a demo clip and host it so you can hear. Tell me if you like the change.
Eric
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Eric »

Alright, here be the change -

[url=http://www.eric.vinylband.net/blah/DanI ... 3:2at91ln4]Original[/url:2at91ln4].

[url=http://www.eric.vinylband.net/blah/DanI ... 3:2at91ln4]Modified[/url:2at91ln4].

Tell me if you like the change. By the by, I had to mute my guitar track because it is FUBAR. Might even have to re-record it.
Dan
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Dan »

It sounds cool, but there is a bit of a transition between effect and non effect so that you can tell that an effect was used.
Eric
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Eric »

I didn't really have the intent of it being subtle or anything. I added the effect to make your part stick out more without adding volume or a chorus/reverb effect so everything can be heard. Kinda like a wheel with different sections coloured different colours. You can pick each one out at ease, but they also blend in when you just sit back and not focus on any one part.
Eric
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Eric »

What's the word on the Morningside recording? Still nothing I take it?
Dan
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Dan »

Yeah, still nothing, I suppose Ill email him again tomorrow. It probably sounds like garbage anyway, especially because David didnt even have the vocal line worked out.
Eric
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Eric »

By the way, title for "Diddy 7" is now "21st-and-a-half Century Digital Sandwich."

Discuss. It is refutable.
grant
Cobra Commander

Recording

Unread post by grant »

Shit! I came up with a dope-ass song title last night but can't remember it now, hopefully I wrote it down, but I don't remember doing that. No e-mail yet.
Eric
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Eric »

[quote:2jg5mmgc][u:2jg5mmgc]Quote by: Grant[/u:2jg5mmgc]Shit! I came up with a dope-ass song title last night but can't remember it now, hopefully I wrote it down, but I don't remember doing that. No e-mail yet.[/quote:2jg5mmgc]

AHAHAHA
Eric
Band Member

Recording

Unread post by Eric »

GOD DAMNIT, I WANT THAT RECORDING OF TRACK 3!!!!

But anyway, shall we shoot for a new recording session the week after Ragbrai? I suggest - Track 3, Goddamn Monster, 21st Century, Sierra's Song (maybe?), Track 2 (maybe?), Kevin's Song, Diddy 5 (maybe?).