[Autoblog] First Drive: 2009 Corvette ZR1 [w/VIDEO]

Pimpbot
I gets regular tune ups from all my sluts, they polish my bolts and tighten my nuts.

[Autoblog] First Drive: 2009 Corvette ZR1 [w/VIDEO]

Unread post by Pimpbot »

Filed under: Supercars, Chevrolet, First Drive
Click above for a high-res gallery of the 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

Last week, General Motors' Bowling Green, KY assembly plant began manufacturing the fastest, most powerful production Corvette in its 55-year history. We got our first official look at the 2009 Corvette ZR1 at the Detroit Auto Show in January and, at that time, Chevrolet officials hadn't finalized the numbers. Over the intervening months, GM continued to tease us with bits of information, including the ZR1's 205 mph top speed, 638 horsepower, 605 lb.-ft. of torque, and 7:26.4 lap time at the Nurburgring. Throughout all of this, we've been waiting patiently for one of the most anticipated invitations of 2008: the ZR1 First Drive. That wait finally ended a few weeks ago when we got the call to arrive at GM's Milford Proving Grounds. All we needed was cooperative weather. As the sun crested the horizon on the appointed day, the darkened skies threatened to put the kibosh on our time with the King. But a few hours later, the clouds dissipated and the fun was officially underway.
UPDATE: Video of Corvette ZR1 on the Lutz Ring added after the jump.
Gallery: First Drive: 2009 Corvette ZR1
Photos Copyright (C)2008 Chris Shunk / Sam Abuelsamid / Weblogs, Inc.Continue reading First Drive: 2009 Corvette ZR1 [w/VIDEO] Permalink | Email this | Comments

Link to article